Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wonder of Wonders, Miracle of Miracles

I was reminded today of that song from Fiddler on the Roof: Wonder of Wonders, Miracle of Miracles. I just got back from my sister's house two days ago and I was just processing all that just happened to my little nephew Zach and his family. In all this time of knowing where he was and where he is now in his health I hadn't really taken a special moment in time to really thank God for how He had healed and is healing Zach. He seemed to be a normal boy when he finally came home from the hospital. He could have been handicapped for life or not even with us right now. The effectual, fervant prayers of a righteous people yields much, doesn't it? God's grace is poured out so abundantly when His people are unified in prayer. It's truly a wonder of wonders, a miracle of miracles and miracles should never be taken lightly. We praise you, Lord, for this miracle that you chose to perform in our midst.

It's Thanksgiving Day tomorrow and I love this holiday more than most because it actually encourages you to do something good. Being thankful is something I struggle with and it is nice to have a little boost in my spirit to be with friends at this time of year and just sit around being thankful. It's been quite a year for us with many bends and twists in our road, painful and prosperous. We may not see the benefit in all that God works in our life. It may seem so very hard, the things we go through, but we know that He is working all things together for our favor. He loves us more than any and His ways are perfect.

As you enjoy your day, think back over the year and think of all the miracles God chose to perform in your midst both great and small and let the praise of the Lord just pour out of your heart. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

3 comments:

Juliet said...

I love that song! Ann-Marie got me the CD for Christmas last year.

I'm glad that you arrived home okay. And we will all be so thankful for all that God has done for us
this year.

Very well written post. Happy Thanksgiving.

CANDICE said...

Great post! Love the picture of Sarah on the top!

Deb said...

I did, Julie! The ? is did you have a good one?

Thanks for the sweet comments my peeps.

just life