Saturday, November 8, 2008

PLEASE PRAY!

Please pray for my sister's family, the Molander's and Julie and Jeremy Swanson's family. Julie and Jeremy were driving home with all four of my sister's kids and their two kids from Chucky Cheese last night and they were hit full speed by a drunk driver who ran a stop sign. Zach, my sister Beth's eight year old is the one who seems to have recieved the most injury. He was unconscious at the scene and remained unconcious until he came to the hospital. They had intubated him and he came to and realized where he was and he began to scream and tried to take out his intubation. They sedated him and ran tests and gave him a cat scan. The cat scan revealed that he had suffered from a major concussion and some bleeding in the brain. The last I heard, he was still in intensive care and they had taken the intubation out and was taking him off the meds that were sedating him. They were all waiting for him to wake up from the sedation to access what exactly, if anything is wrong with his brain function. Please pray for little Zachary and the whole family. If I know Zach at all, I know he is fisty enough to come out of this on the better side.

Maddie, Julie and Jeremy's daughter has a factured pelvis in two places. Poor Austin, I was told, looks the most battered and brusied externally and also has a factured hand. Jeremy had some disorentation and could not remember what had happened, but I think he is okay. Julie's neck is hurting her, but it may be whiplash. Mikayla is sore and has burns where the seatbelt were. Nathan and Isaac are totally fine as far as I have heard.

It turns out that the driver at fault was a thirty-something lady who was drunk. She actually hit someone else before the Swanson's car was hit by her twice, once before the car hit a pole and once after the car spun around.

My heart aches for my sister and her husband, Brad and the kids as they go through this. Thank you all for your prayers. I will have a post with updates soon.

3 comments:

Carey said...

Oh my goodness Deb! Please know that I am praying for them all, Please let Beth know that I am thinking and praying for her! Please keep me updated on how they are doing!
crygibb at yahoo . com

Becky said...

We are praying, Deb. Please keep us updated.

Love you.

a joyful nusiance said...

Thank you so much for your prayers! Its amazing to see and know how many people are praying for all of us!

just life