Sunday, November 9, 2008

ANOTHER UPDATE ON ZACH MOLANDER

I talked to my sister this morning and things were still the same with Zach. His body is having involuntary movements where he will open his eyes or move a part of his body unconsciously. He has not awaken yet fully conscious and responsive to those in the room. He did scratch his knee once and open his eyes really big one time and they he closes his eyes and goes out again. Beth asked the nurse if she could just prepare her for the worst in Zach's situation and she said she couldn't do that, but that the doctor was going to take Zach in for another CAT scan and let Beth and Brad know if any other damage shows up in the brain that may have developed. It really is such a time of waiting for everyone now. Pray for Beth hard. She is exhausted, numb and just wants her sister there with her during this time. My mom will be going back up there later on this week or next week to be a pair of hands for Brad and Beth. IF any of you family members or friends out there can bring their family a meal or put some money in their pocket please contact the Pastor at Berean Baptist Church over in Beloit, Wisconsin, 608-365-5878. I can imagine their church has been a blessed help and will continue to be, but she may need on going help for weeks ahead after the church runs out of help for her, etc. This accident happened in IL and their insurance covers them in WI but I'm not sure about IL, so can you imagine...all the kids had all sorts of tests. The life flight itself I have read on the internet could be 10,000 dollars all by itself. We will touch on that topic later. Please just keep praying for Zach, the Molanders and the Swansons, too. Thank you!

9 comments:

Carey said...

Thanks for the update Deb! Praying!

Becky said...

Still praying. Thank you for the updates.

CANDICE said...

Praying for all of you! What hospital are they at?

Ann-Marie said...

Deb, I just sent out the prayer request via my blog and am referring people here for the details. Thank you so much for chronicling everything!

We stopped by the hospital to see Zach this afternoon, and it just broke our hearts to see him look SO healthy, like he was just asleep. And yet, to know...

Beth was so very sweet and tired. I know she misses her sis, but she told me several times how much she's gained encouragement from talking to you. We're sending our love to you as well! :-) Hugs!

Wendy said...

Friend of Ann-Marie

I am so sorry!! My daughter is 9 and my oldest son is 7...and the thought of this just breaks my heart. The unknown is so hard.
I'm praying for coherency soon, and a full recovery, as well as aid and insurance that will cover almost all of their expenses.
I'll be checking back.
Wendy

Deb said...

Thank you all *tears* for your prayers. Please don't stop praying for this little guy.

Deb said...

Candice,
They are at Rockford Memorial Hospital.

Anonymous said...

It agree, very good information

Anonymous said...

Useful phrase

just life