Monday, April 14, 2008

Stories from a Second Grader

Every now and then my second grader likes to write his own stories along with his own illustrations. Hey, I won't have to beat this kid over the head with creative writing. This home schooling momma says, "Hallejujah for that!" Well, I thought I'd share this one with you (May I remind you that the grammar and writing are all his and it shows.):

the treasure of past curse
By Ian
this Legend from EngLand to Egypt to find cLue for treasure
a Long time ago in a Land call England there lived Knights and a King But they have no treasure So a Knight name charLie IIII went to EGypt to get some So He set off to go to Egypt in a Boat When he got there He was by NiLe river But He solve something He solve the Pyramid of pharaoh eye When started to get there he Have to climded Pharaoh mouttain after he got to the top He Have to cross eye Bridge But the Bridge was Lifting But he grab it But He Have to Climded the Rope So He cLimded the Rope to get to the top He got to the top He grabed the gold badge But then it was Evil EYE Master Who wants it so they Both Have a fight But the fihgt was over he throw his sword at him He travel back EngLand and the king and the knights Had gold the King said you will be next king
the end
Hey, you have to hand it to him...where he was consistent, he was consistent. All the help I gave him was some words he wanted me to spell. Poor kid, looks like he needed more help than that. Despite that, I do like to see what he comes up with completely on his own. You'd think all the time spent going over capitalization and punctuation would pay off by now. :) Oh well, it'll come I'm sure. In the meantime, I am enjoying his creativity.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

What did you expect? There is a great writing/creativity gene in our family! He's a brilliant storyteller already! :-)

just life