Thursday, April 3, 2008

Life and Death

These past two weeks have been some of the most emotional days of my recent life. I was spending quite a lot of time the last week of March preparing for my sister and family to come and stay with us for a two week visit. She arrived for the first time ever to come and visit me in Florida. We (my kids and her kids) were looking forward to a time packed with fun. The second day they were there we recieved many calls from my husband's side of the family while we were all out having fun. My husband got home from work and called his brother and was told that his father past away.

He was blown away with grief.

My husband had just begun to have any kind of relationship with his father right before he died and there were things that he wanted to say that he didn't have a chance to say. It was a strained relationship for many years for many reasons, but after our marriage Brian's dad began to take more interest in his son. In fact, we were able to see him 4 weeks before he died. He saw our children one more time. But there was so much more my husband wanted from him...

We packed up right away and took the whole family to Dallas, Texas for the funeral. We had to leave Beth here unfortunately, but the Lord had other plans.

A few blessings that stem from this loss are that Brian was able to speak to those at the funeral about the brevity of life and things that are eternal out of Ecclesiates. May souls come to know you Lord through this loss! Also, we were able to see many family members we have not seen in a while. The Lord restored the exact amount of money to us that we put on the credit card to come to Texas! We took out 1000 when we came and the last moment we were about to leave to come home someone handed us exactly 1000 dollars! I prayed to the Lord before we left and just told him, "Please provide a way to go without puting money on the credit card." and he did in HIS own way and time. One more blessing is that I feel so close to my husband in his grief.

My husband is doing better now, but still has a lot of raw emotion. All those that read this and remember to do so, please pray for him.

We were able to spend two days with my sister and her family and it was such a great two days! They are now on their way back home.

There is a little time to sit down and think clearly about life and death...
So many thoughts...

5 comments:

marshan said...

wow, I'll keep your husband and your family in my prayers.

Ann-Marie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. How old was he? Please pass our love on to your husband! It's a blessing he was able to share the gospel with the lost.

Much love!

Carey said...

Im so sorry to hear of your loss.I will be praying for your husband and your family.

Deb said...

Thank you all for your prayers.

undergroundcrowds said...

sorry about your loss, Brian. praying for you.

just life