Monday, September 8, 2008

Wow, It's Been a While...

Let's see, we've been busy. Busy homeschooling Ian, Jacob, Lauren in 3rd, 2cd and K5. Busy worrying about hurricane Gustav. One of our big pine trees fell down, but only because it was eaten by termites. Good thing it didn't land on the roof. Now we have to worry about hurricane Ike. What a name! How do they come up with these names?! Hannah, Ike and Gustav? Bible character, former Presidential candidate and a french name meaning the staff of the gods. Hilarious! Yeah, I looked that one up. You thought I was smart for a minute there, didn't you? Well, they say that Ike is moving toward Texas, but they don't know completely for sure. Sometimes a hurrican can have a mind of its own. I hope they are right for my sake, but wouldn't it be nice if it fell apart in the gulf and no one is affected by it. The Lord is in control of all that I know.

We are also facing another dilemma. Brian's hours have been cut. He will have to look for another job in his field, Registered Nursing. If he can't find one here that is decent, then, we'll probably have to move to a big city where there is a guarantee of many RN jobs being available. I don't know what my husband's thinking is yet, but I've got my sights set on Nashville. It's a huge city with lovely rural areas surrounding it and it's midpoint between both of our families. Well, at least the ones in WI, IL and LA. If any of you think of it, please pray for us. We may have a ton of decisions to make soon.

And yeah, it'd be nice, too, if this hurricane doesn't knock all our trees into our roof, then we would really have to move.

7 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I'll definitely be praying for you and the family - the good thing is that nurses are always needed! Glad to hear you're okay after the hurricanes! :-)

Charity said...

Hey, we would love to have you here in Nashville! The more the merrier, right?

Deb said...

Thanks Ann-Marie! Pray that Ike stays far away from us! Charity, I love Tennessee! It's seems wherever you go it is so beautiful. I like Nashville because it is not like NY city or Chicago even though it is such a big city. We Probably wouldn't live in the city limits, but we would want to be close enough to get to work in about 30 minutes. All this is such a big if but my wheels are turning! :)

Juliet said...

Well, you impressed me with your knowledge of Gustav.

We will also be praying for your family.

spivey family said...

Tenn. is so nice- we hope to be moving to north carolina! will pray for you all- hopefully Ike stays out of Texas

marshan said...

I think it would be cool if you could move to Cincinnati... :)

Deb said...

Yeah, can we stay at your house? Ya' know, it would be neat to come and visit you sometime. My kids would love your kids and I think they are all basically the same ages. Hmmm....

just life