Saturday, December 1, 2007

Caught Up in My Emotions

Just thinking about...

My impending birth...we are five weeks away now and it'll be my first natural, home-birth and VBAC after three c-sections.

My Mom and Dad.

My alcoholic brother and his poor wife and children.

The blessing of all these children around me.

The goodness of God and His endless provision for my family.

My other brother, who called me for the first time in years and I found out he's not interested in trusting Jesus as Savior, but assures me he does believe in God, but not in the bible.

My poor husband at work with all the stress of taking care of seriously injured people.

My home schooling or lack there of.

How much I miss my only close family member, my sister.

My only Grandmother's health.

The beauty of my relatonship with my husband.

The freedom in Christ I feel since we left our church and all of its legalism.

All my friends and family who can't bare children.

My longing to encourage mothers everywhere...young mothers, single mothers, unsaved mothers, mothers everywhere who feel that what they do doesn't matter and unappreciated.

Not having a family that I can lean on and finding somewhere in the sadness that God is all that I need.

The bible coming alive to me more than ever.

Being in limbo concerning faithful attendance to an institutional church.

Falling in love with hospitality to families from all walks of life.

Making new friends who are passionate about Christ.

Trying to figure out a name for this baby girl...help?!

Overwhelmed by the clutter and dust that I try to battle daily.

My third brother, who can't wait to get high and stupid while he attempts to care for his three year old and hoping my nephew's mother will knock some sense into my brother.

Praying for God to perform miralces in my family He seems to do for other families.

Looking at my children and crying to God, "Why did you choose to bless me with these little souls?" I hope I don't mess them up.

Hoping my children will see their need for Jesus in their hearts and lives.

Wanting to be a better wife and falling so short, so often.

I'm just caught up in the emotion of all these thoughts swirling around in my brain...

It goes on and on...

Oh God, give me peace, knowing that you will work all things together for good for those who walk in Christ...

8 comments:

undergroundcrowds said...

sorry pal, mom's been here and life has been crazy. I don't think it will slow down until Keane's birth.

A name should really be personal, but we liked Eliza before we found out she was a he.

anyway
Rheinblick 12
69226, Nussloch
Germany

varghese2go@gmail.com

Deb said...

Thanks Sara!
Sorry to bug you so much about getting your address and stuff! I know you are super busy. As we prepare for the birth of our fifth child we also very busy. I just wanted to get back into personal contact with you. I always read your blog and it seems you are really enjoying your life over in Germany. My prayers of blessing and safety of this delivery are going up for you...you are going to love being a mother! I'll be getting in touch with you soon...

Ann-Marie said...

This was such a sweet post, Deb. Very thoughtful. I'll be praying for you and all you're thinking about. I like the name Samantha or Charlotte.

Deb said...

Thanks Ann-Marie...
I like Samantha for sure, but the picky one is my husband! :)
Hope you are doing well.

Juliet said...

Hi Deb,
You sure have alot going on. I will truly pray that God will give you direction for a good church. I hadn't realized that you had left your church.

I am confused..who has a problem with alcohol? You can e-mail me.

Love AJ

Deb said...

Hey Aunt Juliet!
That would my brother Matt and it's no secret, so I'm not telling you anything everybody in my family doesn't already know. He needs prayer, so if you think about it...

Yeah, we left our church a year ago in hopes of finding one that's better (and more biblical). We live in a town that has more churches per square mile than any other city in the US, but yet you can't find a good one. We have visited many churches, but to no avail. We found a home church fellowship that we like, but it is very sporadic when we meet and we want them to be more faithful in their specific meeting times. We may just open up a church fellowship in our own home.

Any way, thanks for your concern. Hope you are well!

CANDICE said...

I'm naming my baby (I think)Brielle Kathleen. I liked alot of other names too.. How bout Aubrey,Adalyn,Olivia, or Bethany <--- kind of a tribute to you sister.. but yet different. It would go well with your other daughters names as well. Well remember you have family here in Rockford who love and think about you often.... Love Candice

Deb said...

Candice!
Thanks for the list of names. I like Olivia. Hope you are doing okay! Email me sometime.

Love ya'
Deb

just life