Thursday, August 16, 2007

Depleted Uranium

I don't know why I do this. Do you ever get sucked into really bad news and then it consumes you? I recently began reading about what depleted uranium does to a baby in utero. Horrible, consuming stuff! Bad choice of research for me right now. Especially since I am pregnant. Then you read the day to day news...another bad idea. I like knowing what's going on in the world, but I don't think I can take anymore bad news. Some news close to our town was about a teenager who was to adopt her new baby out to some agency (supposedly), but "they" ended up stealing the baby. She was all over the news saying,"Please, someone help me find my baby!" Several days later on the same news channel she was charged with killing her newborn, then dumping the baby in the garbage can. The garbage truck came and got the trash for the day and the baby hasn't been found since.

The world's gone mad and sometimes it puts my stomache in knots.

If I wasn't a Christian I think I would go mad along with the rest of the world. I'm thankful that the Lord keeps my mind under control when I see what the world is doing and how they are living. There are brighter things to think about and the bible is filled with promises for every Christian. I guess I should start thinking about that instead.

1 comment:

Ann with an E said...

Stop watching the news, chicky!! Love ya!
Beth

just life