Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lord, Come

I gotta' share this "song" my eight-year-old wrote today. I couldn't believe what I reading when I came home from a grueling Wal-Mart shopping trip. A bent up peice of paper laying on our back room floor with some powerful words on it. Here's what he wrote:


Lord, Come


Lord, come to your children. Come in the world. We need help. We need Christ. We need a Savior for all. It is you, Christ Jesus. How can He help us? Jesus can help us by Christ, by saving the world, because we are from Jesus. The world is full of sin and He is the only one who could save us from sin. Because He is the master of the world and that means that He can save the world from sin. So, Lord, Come. Lord, please come. Please! (grammar corrections included)





It's been one of the most moving things of my life, seeing my son grow in the Lord. I do believe that he has become a Christian and their has been much fruit and also much spiritual warfare going on in his life as well. He sang the song to me later in the evening and I gotta' say I like the lyrics more than the tune, but hey, a little work and it could be a catchy little song. :) Just seeing him desire the things of God on his own makes my heart sing. This is what I prayed for before my children where ever born, before I was ever married...that my children would see Christ for who He is and just follow after Him because they want to, because they can't wait to.




I don't want my children to be forced to believe the way I do about Jesus Christ. I want the Holy Spirit to speak to my children, yes, through me and my husband, but ultimately spoken directly to them by Jesus Himself. How much better is that than coaxing, forcing and beating over the head with for my children to desire God in their lives. They must see their own need for salvation and not ride on the coat tails of how their parents believe. We want to trade outward stagnent results for the complete, transforming grace of Jesus Christ to come flooding into the lives of each of our children. Hey, that's my prayer, before they were ever. born. That'll preach I think.





Hallejujah for Jesus, the Spotless lamb of God!





Merry Christmas, people!

8 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Deb, I think I left a message yesterday. today my blog is readdy to come to your house, but I need an e-mail address ans your jacobian one comes back to me. Have you changed it? If I don't hear from you, clic on http:// lindaalordi.blog4ever.com/blog/lirearticle-237977-1091003.html to see my annual Christmas letter. loqve you & have a Merry Christmas

Linda said...

Hi Deb

I tried putting this comment on your blog but they wouldn't accept my password, so here is my comment!



I enjoyed your message today Deb. With all your enthousiasme, you would think it easy to love...and have enough for the whole world that needs it sooooo much!! Enjoyed your pictures too and glad you could get up to Beth's, see Zach and help the family. I talked to your Mom yesterday, got her Christmas letter and hope all goes well for her back in CT.

Wonder of Wonders, I wonder what's up for all of us in 2009. But I don't worry about it, as Grandma says, the Lord will take care of that time!
A Merry Christmas to you all and a fun time around the tree and the manger!
The Lord & Anna willing my 2008 Christmas letter will get on a blog and I'll send you the references. It is only 30 pages long!

Your Mom wants me to come to CT next year. Wonder of wonders, do you think the Lord will bring me to Cantonnement? And then there is my new grandson Benjamin, born Nov 10 waiting to see his French "grandmère" too. So what do I do but take in all the States?

Love you Aunt Linda
Deb this was my message of yesterday but when Google didn't want to print it here I sent it by e-mail, but it is this e-mail that came back to me. So I'll try here again!

Linda said...

It worked, so I hope you'll find time to get back to me!
Love

Anonymous said...

Hi, Linda!!!!
I got your blog and saved it to my favorites. What a wonderful Christmas letter! I love, love, love seeing all the pictures of our family and all the information about your year in retrospect! You can come and visit us here ANY time you want and we will try to show you a good time as much as we can. The beaches are about 30 min. away and they are beautiful. There are plenty of things we can do and we would love to have you around our table. Maybe you can convince Anna to come, too. You have a Merry Christmas, Linda. Tell Anna, Bernard, Grandmere and Alex the same from me. Love you, Auntie Linda! :) I will send a picture of our family soon.

Deb said...

Oh, Linda...
my email address is:
cantonmentpaul@aol.com

a joyful nusiance said...

That song is very good! I wish your family a very blessed Christmas!

Deb said...

Merry Christmas to you guys, too, Julie!

Ann-Marie said...

He's showing a lot of maturity for such a young man! It's amazing how God moves in the hearts of children!

just life