Saturday, April 4, 2009

To Everything a Season


I don't know about you all, but this month so far has been super, ultra, way too busy for me. I am trying to start somewhat of a garden and it takes some doing for a new timer like me. My homeschooling needs to be vamped up a bit and also more simplified at the same time and we need to be getting five days in a week done instead of three. Yikes! Oh well, they are all progressing and that is the key to teaching. When a child becomes stagnant in their learning then you need to be concerned I think.
Yeah, progress. As homeschooling progresses our house and some of life's things have deteriorated. Our van is in my husband's shop. Yeah, he fixes our cars and has since day one in our marriage and figures out what he doesn't already know. I'm a little nervous seeing a fourth of our engine in peices all over our driveway. He figures it's the water pump or the radiator. The clincher...it's buried beneath three layers of parts. He can do it, I think. He's saved us thousands over the years. I think that's darn near neat.
Our fridge is acting strange. Cools when it wants to. Not good, I know. We have a pestilence in our yard and under our house that defies understanding. If we spray any more chemicals we're all gonna' hafta' be admitted to the ER. You think I'm kidding. Well, we try to keep it all under wraps. My nephew Matthew, who I haven't seen in years, has been stationed in MS and not too far from here, so I'm trying to persuade him to let us pick him up and stay for a weekend. That'll be nice if we can get it all worked out. Sarah broke our front living room window just by pressing on it a little too hard. It's an old house, but we like it. It has these neat old windows that are due for a changing out anyway.
Broken old windows, distant relations, a smart husband, falling behind, growing stuff...it all has a purpose, doesn't it? To every thing a season. This is a busy season. It's Spring and the big fat bees are out and my cherry plums are in full bloom. The Azaleas came and went so fast this year. The nasty torrential rain stamped them out before their time. Ah, well. All things work together...for...good to those that are in Christ Jesus. I've been thinking about a season a distant cousin of mine has been going through. She had her dear little boy three months early and the ride to save his life seems to have been a rough one, but he is coming out shining for now. The every day heartache and hope of her season of life has a purpose. To everything a season and a God in the midst of it all in whom we can trust and even cling to and depend completely upon. Wow. What more could a child of God ask for? I wonder if there could be anything better than that. Nah, no never.

2 comments:

a joyful nusiance said...

The pictures of the girls are adorable!!

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Deb, is Tray the baby of your distant cousin? We've been praying for him. Julia includes him in her bedtime prayers alot. He is precious. Its amazing how strong little ones can be. God is so great!!! Enjoy your garden! Happy Easter to you all!

just life