Friday, April 24, 2009

Frozen Strawberries











It's strawberry season again. Sophia is chomping on some frozen strawberries. Lauren calls them shawberries. It's really cute the way she says it. You say tomayto. I say tomato. Let's call the whole thing off. Once again, I don't know what I am talking about. There's something about doing this blog thing. Some people get on here (actually there...over there at their blog) and have lot's to say and write it well. I have little to say and write it horribly. Tisk, tisk. I'll say I'm glad I have this beautiful, strawberry juice-filled face to enjoy life with. Ain't life grand?! Don't you think that little curly cue snippet of hair is just precious or what? Her hair is like poker straight and then this cutesie little curl in back. Ah, well.
So, how are all my peeps out there in blog a do land? We are faring well despite all the busyness. I don't know about you folks, but April is hopping and talk about gorgeous weather. It's like God knew just what I needed and gave it to me in the weather. It's been gorgeous almost every day this month. Oh, and we've been blessed above measure. We had this refund check from our mortgage company sitting in our bill box for months now and I just figured out that it was there. I popped that in the bank account thanking God all the way to the bank. Oh, wait, Mr. Paul went to the bank. I lost my head recalling the whole wonderful event. Another blessing, is that after much deliberation over getting a highly expensive riding lawn mower that we couldn't afford, my husband bought a cheap push mower at Walmart that we could afford. Well, he was thinking he could use a second mower and attach it to the one he bought. He found a pretty nice self-propelled mower on the side of the road and picked it up. It works just fine. Thank you, Lord, for that.
Unexpected money and free stuff. It's easy to thank God for the blessings. Trials are another thing. I have to pull myself past the way I feel to get to the gratitude I should have for something that is difficult to deal with. But they're kinda' like frozen strawberries, your trials. Once you get past the cold hard texture you begin to taste the sweetness of the strength that comes as a result of enduring the trial God allowed you to go through. "Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as you are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory will be revealed, you may be glad also with exceeding joy." I Peter 4:12-13 Hmmm... I'll have to keep those two in mind for future reference. Until then, good night and good luck.



2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I love the strawberry comparison! I'd never thought of it that way, but it makes a lot of sense. I'm glad to hear about the lawn mower...it's wonderful when God is in the details!

Juliet said...

One thing is for sure, we all do get trials. And they are to make us stronger in the Lord. We rejoice that God does send us His blessings...so often in the middle of our trials.

Thanks for sharing the blessing He has send your way.

just life