Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Day Out






















We had a really neat day out to Fort Morgan Beach in Alabama a few weeks ago. An old ship that was lost at sea more than 150 years ago was washed ashore. I heard about it on the news and thought it might be cool to go check it out with the kids and let them take their own pictures. My Mom pointed out that the ship had burned because the remains look so charred. It was such a nice day out with the whole family and neat to look at the remains of this curious boat. The beach is such a wonderful reminder of God's handiwork. Every time I go I am in awe of the vastness of the ocean. It's seems to go on forever even though I know it runs into another continent somewhere. Ah, Lord God, Thou hast made the heavens and the earth by Thy great power.
Yes, Mom has been with us for a while and it has been nice having her here. I think I have gained 5 pounds from all her baking. Ugh! She has made some dresses for the girls and has been such a help to me. She has organized my cabinets and done chores that I just haven't gotten around to doing in th grand scheme of things. Today I wasn't feeling well and I crashed for 4 hours to sleep in the middle of the day and she kept the ship afloat and everyone alive while I rested. I don't know what I'll do when she goes. It's nice having someone around all day for moral support especially when it is your mother.







4 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Moms are the best, aren't they? I'm so glad you got to enjoy a day out! Oh, and I can't believe how big your kids are getting!

Carey said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Tell your mom I said Hi.

The Beard Bunch said...

Like you, I am awed each time I am at the beach. Always nice to have mom around. Tell her hello from us.

Juliet said...

What beautiful pictures! Everyone truly is enjoying it.

Looks like a very relaxing day for ALL. There is just something about the sound of water hitting rocks and going barefoot in the sand.

Tell my sis, "HI!"

just life